Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Enjoying The World of Monogramming

For most of my adult life, I have had the mind of an entrepreneur. I am sure that came from my wonderful father, a man who seemed to know about everything.  Like him, I am also somewhat creative in a homey (family, home-body, white picket fence- you get the idea) kind of way.  I went to college and graduated as a Dental Hygienist but only as a way to support myself if necessary.  My real dream was to create a wonderful home for my family and somehow have an income as well. (i.e..  my own business)  I have tried many things to be able to do that but my latest opportunity feels like it is the ONE.  I was given the chance to buy a friends Embroidery business last April, which I did, and I have loved every minute of it.  Her business was basically by word of mouth and primarily just items that customers brought to her.  Well, I see so many more possibilities.  I can hardly stop the ideas from falling all over each other trying to be the first one implemented.  So, I thought maybe you would like to join me on the journey of the growth of a business.  I would enjoy hearing your feedback, tossing ideas around and having a support group to keep me on track. 
Me...sportin' a pocket tee and ball cap.
I opened an Etsy shop in September while I build my website.  Business was fantastic.  The biggest seller with over 600 sold is the monogrammed clutch. There are 12 awesome colors to choose from.  I was shocked how quickly these took off.  I also have scarves, spa/bath wraps, luggage handles, tote bags, pocket tees, ball caps, cosmetic bags and so much more coming. (of course- all monogrammed!) The plan is to have the website go live just as soon as possible. Wow!  Do you know how much work there is to build a website? I am so impatient too.  I want to share all the cute things I have for you!
So, please come back and share the journey. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment